Admission into the School of Health Information Management 2014/2015 academic session
1 Application and eligibility
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the National Diploma (ND) programme of the SHIM for the 2014/2015 session.
Applicants must be candidates who sat for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted in April 2014. The candidates must have a minimum score of 150 to be qualified to apply and to be screened.
2. Method of application
Applicants are to proceed to the UITH Ilorin website www uith.org,
to download, and print out the admission form.
N5, 000 for the printed form should be made
payable in bank draft to the school of Health Information Management
University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin.
3. Admission requirement /educational qualification
In addition to a minimum score 150 in 2014 UTME which requires any three subjects from Mathematics,Biology,Physics,Chemistry,Geography,Economics,Yoruba,Government and Religious Knowledge.
Candidates should also possess the West African School Certificate/General Certificate of Education/SSCE/ NECO/ NABTEB with 5 passes at credit level in five (5) papers obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
These papers must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology or Health Sciences and any two of Chemistry,Physics, Economics, Government,Geography,Religious Knowledge and any Nigerian Language.
4. Duration of Course
Two (2) calendar years commencing from October, 2014
· The course is non-residential. However, there is limited accommodation on first come, first served basis.
All completed application forms with original receipts of payment must reach the office of the Head of the School on or before July 27th, 2014.
Dates for screening exercise (written and oral) have been fixed as follows:
(a) Written examination: Monday 2nd Sept, 2014.
(b) Oral interview for short listed candidates: Thursday 4th Sept, 2014.
Venue: University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital's School Complex (Former Maternity Hospital)
Other relevant information
· Candidates should please note that late completion and submission of forms will not be entertained.
· Any candidate with blurred or unclear passport photograph on the form will not be admitted for the screening exercise as the photograph will be used as a means of identification.
· Any candidate who fails to present himself or herself for the screening exercise as scheduled will not be considered for admission.
· Applicants are advised to attend the exercise with the detached slip from their application forms as well as their writing materials.
· The use of GSM and other electronic devices will NOT be allowed during the screening exercise.
· Photocopies of relevant documents must be clear and legible.
· Evidence of change of name where applicable, must be attached to the application form.
· The result of the screening exercise shall be published on the hospital website and on the school’s notice boards.